01/03/2010

Wash with similar colours

Whoops, no new posts in a while, but thanks for still visiting! My camera seems to absolutely devour batteries, so I may have to invest in some half decent ones if I ever want to add more pictures up on here!

My progress since last time:

  • Another marine painted completely, 3 others Mechrite Red basecoated and washed.
  • Dreadnought almost done, need to add something cool to the scrolls, and then whatever squad markings I eventually decide on (maybe decals), but I'm waiting until April codex time for this.
  • Discovered glazes.
  • Stripped an old Librarian in Terminator armour, Chaplain, and Standard Bearer left from my old Marine army ready to join the Blood Angels!
Yup, finally used a glaze for the first time, I bought Baal Red wash, thinned in immensely, to just red tinged water, and covered all the red in it. It dried nicely, with the faintest hint of a red colouring, enhancing the vibrancy of the red and making it seem less orangey-chalky overall, pretty impressive. I think to make it flow more like a wash you need to add a teeny drop of washing up liquid, will try this next time.

I also painted up a LoTR Moria Goblin for fun, and will put pics of him up asap!

Cheers then

No comments:

Post a Comment