30/09/2015

A new start (again)

Time to start this whole thing again!

I've kept the posts from the (ancient) past, and will be planning on doing regular updates on various projects I have going on at the minute.

Fingers crossed I keep up with it this time, third time lucky!

A little about me (updated):

I have been involved in this grand old time-absorbing money-dissolving hobby for around 15 years now. It all started way back in 2000/2001 when I purchased a 3rd Ed. 40K starter set with my friend, I took Space Marines, naturally, and he kept the Dark Eldar portion. We kept up with it for a while but gradually he drifted away from the hobby and I stuck with it.

I continued for a few years until I went off to uni and decided in my infinite wisdom I would probably never hobby again, I sold all my collection on eBay to provide some beer tokens, in hindsight an enormous mistake.

After uni and during my masters course in 2009 I decided I needed a hobby to have some time off thesis writing, and wandered into my local GW to see what was going on. It didn't take long for them to suck me straight back in after our initial "you haven't played since 3rd Edition?? Sit down..." discussion.

Since then it's been full on hobby love, I eventually replaced my entire old collection (paying a lot more now as a lot of what I had is now pretty collectible) during a long and protracted eBay purchasing campaign.

My main focus is painting, as ever, and as such I'm currently scaling down my large collection to leave me with the pieces I actually want to paint and display.

My current projects include (but are not limited to, of course); Tyranids, Ad Mech, Dark Angels, 30K Emperor's Children, Horus Heresy characters, Bolt Action German Army, Fine Molds Millenium Falcon and a host of other individual models I've promised myself I will get to one day. One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment