22/10/2015

Forgeworld's Emperor's Children Painting Scheme

So one of my many, many ongoing projects is starting a 30k Emperor's Children force. I really like the tone of the FW official paint scheme in recent publications, a nice rich pinky-purple. Having recently bought some of their new airbrush paints and not being able to work out a good recipe to recreate the colour, I decided to email them on the off-chance that they would tell me how they do it before the new Horus Heresy painting guide is released next year.
To my pleasant surprise they replied within the hour:


  • Base: Phoenician Purple
  • Highlight: Kakophoni Purple
  • Edge Highlight: 50/50 Typhon Ash/Kakophoni Purple
  • Metal: Iron Hands Steel
  • Gold: Thallax Gold
Seems pretty simple to me, but I was quite surprised it didn't include more of the other purples in the range, such as the extreme highlight one (the name escapes me) and the Chemos Purple darker colour. There is also a clear purple (Eidolon?) that I was expecting to be used.

As far as the scheme goes, in my head this sounds pretty sweet, I may add a wash of GW Druchii Violet or similar into the recesses for depth, and I probably will just use GW metallic paints too for the metal and gold.

I'm going to give it a shot using my airbrush later tonight on a test marine and we'll see what the results bring! Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment