07/01/2016

2016 Resolutions: Diet? Sobriety? Nah, let's paint more!

It seems most of my friends are either deciding to diet, or not drink alcohol at all (or as much) for their 2016 New Year resolutions. I'm adopting a less extreme approach and trying to just scale back my vices instead of cutting out all joy and then failing miserably as early as February then hating myself.

My real resolutions include other ways to improve my life that I wish I had done more of in 2015. I want to travel more, find a new more fulfilling career, read more fiction for pleasure, and of course paint more models!

I have a large backlog (don't we all) of miniatures in various states of completion, my first task this year will be to finish all the half-started projects I have lying around my craft-cave, off the top of my head these include:

  • FW Horus
  • FW Dread Maw
  • 10 Dark Angels Tactical Marines
  • Dark Angels Razorback
  • Dark Angels Predator
  • 2 Mechanicum Kastelan Robots
  • Betrayal at Calth - Big one this, still being built so maybe I can leave it until later in the year)
My aim is to finish these half-jobs and get them in the cabinet before starting anything else, and there is no shortage of things to start either.

I'd also love to be able to enter a Golden Demon competition this year, depending on what format GW decides to run them in. We'll see!

What hobby resolutions have you guys got for this year, and how do you plan on sticking with them?

Cheers
RB

No comments:

Post a Comment